AT&T Becomes First Carrier to Bring Durable, Lightweight Headset to Customers on July 24
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., July 23, 2015 -- LG Electronics today unveiled a new Bluetooth headset in its award-winning TONE series, the LG TONE Active™. LG TONE Active will be available starting on July 24 in Orange exclusively through AT&T for a limited time. LG TONE Active will retail for $129.00.
LG recently announced that it has sold its 10 millionth LG TONE Series Bluetooth headset globally since launching the series in October 2010. With this achievement, LG has grown to become the number one Bluetooth wireless headset line in the U.S. in terms of units sold.1
Compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, the LG TONE Active has a water resistance rating of IPX32, so it can handle sweat, and earbuds that retract into the headset to alleviate tangled cords. Designed for durability to support the most active lifestyles, LG TONE Active fits snugly around the neck in a stay-put, contoured design."Since its inception, the TONE series has grown to match different consumer needs and wants whether it was enjoying premium sound or ease on the go," saidBruce Tripido, director of accessories at LG MobileComm USA. "With TONE Active, we're embracing the need for consumers to have a rugged, more durable companion on their latest workout."
Standout features of the LG TONE Active include:
- IPX3 Water & Sweat Resistance Rating – Compatible for life's toughest workouts to handle sweat in the hottest conditions in the gym or out on the trail
- Durable & Lightweight – Durable yet lightweight, with a contoured, around-the-neck wearing style
- Retractable Earbuds – Customized fit with two sizes of stabilizer buds for a more secure and comfortable fit and a simple, unique solution for cord management
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology – Hassle-free device connectivity, compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone
- Quad-Layer Speaker Technology™ & Digital MEMS Microphone – Robust bass, crisp treble, less distortion on high frequencies and exceptional voice clarity
Key LG TONE Active technical specifications include:
- Music Listening Time: Up to 9.5 hours3
- Talk Time: Up to 13 hours3
- Standby Time: Up to 18 days3
- Weight: 1.7 oz.
- Bluetooth® Specification: Version 4.1
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Operating Range: 33 ft.
- Tone & Talk™: SMS reader4
- aptX® Compatible5
- Multi-Connection: Pair up to 2 devices
The LG TONE Active will be available July 24 at AT&T online and retail stores nationwide. Visitwww.lg.com/us/toneactive or www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/lgtone starting this Friday for more information.
1 Based on NPD (formally called National Purchase Diary) market share data Jan- April 2015 for Bluetooth units only
2 Water-resistant to spraying water based on IPX3 rating
3 The estimated maximum standby and use time may vary depending on your current usage patterns, settings, and other factors and conditions.
4SMS Reading on Android™ devices may require free download 'LG Tone & Talk' app on Google Play™ store for SMS reading with voice.
5aptX Compatibility required on paired device.
About LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc.
LG Electronics MobileComm USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the U.S. sales subsidiary of LG Electronics USA Inc., a global innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.